IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ!
Swimmer Eligibility & Meet Participation
The SHRSL Season is defined as March 31 of current season through the Post Season All Star Meet.
- A swimmer’s age on May 31st of the current year shall determine the age group for competition.
- A swimmer may not change their team affiliation after May 15; after which, a swimmer shall practice and compete with only one SHRSL swim team per season.
- A swimmer participating in any NCAA Swimming program (practice OR competition) is ineligible for SHRSL participation.
- A swimmer may not participate nor compete in a non-SHRSL practice(s) or competition after March 31. (*See e. for swimmer considerations)
- Allowed is participation for school related, academic grade in an Olympic Development program, such middle school or high school swimming programs, may continue to practice through the end of the academic year.
- No participation in competition or sanctioned meets including UIL, USA Swimming, CCAA or any other swimming competition is allowed.
Minimum Swim Requirements
The Teal Run Swim Team is not a learn-to-swim program, but is intended to enhance the skills already learned from swim lessons. We do teach competitive strokes to those swimmers who desire to compete. All swimmers who feel they can reach the eligibility requirements and timeframe listed below are welcome to register and begin practicing with the team.
Eligibility By May 19th
- 4 - to 7-year-old swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted (25 yards).*
- Swimmers aged 8 - 10 years old should have a working knowledge of all four strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly) and should be legal (i.e., have meet-qualified form) in at least two strokes.
- Swimmers who are 11 & older must be able to swim two lengths of the pool (50 yards) in at least three strokes.
Other Considerations for Participation
- Swimmers are encouraged to attend as many practices as possible. Lack of attendance could affect relay participation.
- Parent involvement is required of each family with a child on the team. (See Volunteer Agreement)
Daily practices for TRST begin April 30th. Check the website for up-to-date information regarding practice times. All practices take place at the Teal Run Front Pool.
Meet Attendance Requirement
Swimmers must attend three of five meets to be eligible for the team. When registering, you must do so with the intent of swimming the entire season (including Champions Meet and All-Stars). We understand that swimmers may have to miss a meet or two due to illness, a family emergency or some other unavoidable situation. If you register without the intent of swimming all season, this is unfair to those who are willing to make this commitment. We rely heavily on parent volunteers to run our meets. If several families leave before the season is over, this makes it difficult to manage and run our meets efficiently. It also places an undue burden on our other Tidal wave families. If the swimmer does not fulfill the meet attendance requirements you will be charged an extra $150 for swim lessons. If the parents do not meet the volunteer obligation the volunteer deposit will be charged and will not be eligible to register with returning families discount for the 2019 season. Thank you for your cooperation!
Grace Period & Refund Deadline
We have a grace period of one week during which swimmers are allowed to practice and work on skills necessary to compete. If, during that one-week period, either the swimmer or the head coach of the swim team believes that the swimmer would benefit more from swim lessons, a partial refund will be issued. The last day for a partial refund is May 17th. If your swimmer drops from the team before the cutoff, a refund will be issued minus credit card fees and $40.00 to cover coaching and mandatory league insurance fees.
Swim Suits are available for purchase from Swim Shops of the Southwest, 9430 Broadway Ste. 144, Pearland,TX 77584 281-485-3100.They will assist you with sizing. The swim suit for this year is RISE Sandies Haze Splice Poly- Blue, green and black.Girls swim suits are $27+tax.Boys swimsuits are $18 + tax. Each swim team member MUST wear the team swim suit at each swim meet. No other Swim Team Swim Suit or cap can be worn at a SHRSL meet. Suits must be purchased by May 28th